Call for Donations
SORR’s success relies on contributions of people and community businesses like you. Will you consider donating to the event?
CONTRIBUTIONS ARE APPRECIATED IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
|MATERIALS & SERVICES|
• Printing & Copying Services
• Online or Print Advertising
• Gift Certificates or Products (door prizes)
• Products & samples for giveaway bags for volunteers
• Coffee & other beverages
• Clean used clothing, shoes & accessories
• Sewing machines & sergers
• Power strips, extension cords & gaffers tape
• Irons and ironing boards
• Spools of thread
• Sewing needles and pins
• Seam rippers
• Tape measures
• Rotary cutters & mats
• Buttons, fasteners & zippers
• Lace & trim
• Beads, sequins, jewels
• Patches & Iron-ons
|• Embroidery floss
• Fabric pencils & markers
• Fusible and non-fusible interfacing
• Fabric paint & brushes
• Fabric glue
• Stencils & sponges
• Costume jewelry
• Glue guns & sticks
FUNDS TO SUPPORT:
• Purchase of sewing machines
• Purchase of supplies that are not donated
• Printing (flyers/posters)
• Share your skills at one of our "creation stations."
• Volunteer to work the door, sort clothing, serve coffee & treats, set-up or clean up.
CONTRIBUTING HAS REWARDING BENEFITS
- COMMUNITY: The event brings together diverse contributors, artisans, volunteers, and do-it-yourself types, under a common idea that lasts well after the event is completed.
- SUSTAINABILITY: Help break the cycle of throwaway through creative re-use.
- GIVING: Your contribution to this non-profit event is tax deductible. Left over clothing will be donated to our community partner, the Nanaimo Recycling Exchange.
- RECOGNITION: There is no commerce inside the walls of a SORR, but we are glad to recognize your business in all awareness materials.
Want to support Swap-O-Rama-Rama? Send us an email. Please provide your name, your company name (if applicable), and contact information, as well as the specifics of what you’re interested in contributing. Donations are tax deductible! And none are too small to make a difference.