Swap-O-Rama-Rama Nanaimo runs on 100% volunteer power! SORR is all about community and we need our community’s help to make it a big success! Will you give a few hours of your time?
If you’re an artist/maker interested in running a creation station or being a sewing coach at SORR, go to this page right here.
- SET-UP: Hang signage, arrange tables & clothing racks, lay extension cords and make sure they are safely secured.
- DOOR/ADMISSION: welcome swappers, collect donations, distribute flyers & sign people up for our email list.
- CLOTHES SORTING & ORGANIZING: Sort donated clothing, help keep the clothing racks & tables organized so swappers can find what they’re looking for.
- CREATION STATION ASSISTANTS: Assist our artist/maker/designers at the “creation stations”. We are specifically looking for individuals who have sewing & crafting experience. We need volunteers who can help swap participants execute their clothing modifications and encourage the mastery of basic skills.
- SEWING STATION ASSISTANTS: Know your way around a sewing machine or serger? We need you to show our newbies how much fun sewing is!
- CLEAN-UP: It’s so nice to have a few “fresh” volunteers on the clean-up crew after a busy (successful!) event.
- TRANSPORTATION/MOVING: We need a couple of volunteers with a pick-up truck or van to transport clothing donations, rubbermaid bins of supplies, sewing machines and clothing racks to the swap & back to storage afterward.