What is SORR?
“When the whole world is for sale, the maker of things is the revolutionary of the age.” – Wendy Jehanara Tremayne, founder of Swap-o-Rama-Rama
Swap-O-Rama-Rama (SORR) is a not-for-profit clothing swap combined with “creation stations” staffed by local artists & makers, where swap participants can learn skills to modify, alter or embellish their “new” clothes. What makes SORR different from a regular clothing swap is that it’s designed to inspire participants to see themselves as creators instead of consumers. Inside Swap-O-Rama-Rama nothing is for sale. The knowledge, materials and encouragement to transform your new clothes into “modified by me” masterpieces is shared freely.
What’s the price of admission?
- Admission is free for our October 1st 2016 event. Please bring a bag of clean used clothing, it’s a swap!
What should I bring to Swap-O-Rama-Rama?
- Clean, gently-used clothes and accessories: jackets, pants, shirts, skirts, shoes, gloves, belts, accessories, jewelry, sunglasses, bags, wallets and hats.
- Children and men’s clothing are welcome.
- Craft supplies: Fabric, notions, trim, yarn, left over pieces from that project that you never made, etc.
What should I not to bring to Swap-O-Rama-Rama?
- Books, make up, home décor, furniture, lingerie / underwear, dirty clothing or anything that you cannot wear or craft with.
SORR Nanaimo is part of an international network of Swap-O-Rama-Rama’s.